ELIMINATE FOOD SOURCES
- Clean up spills and crumbs right away.
- Don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink overnight.
- Don’t leave pet food out overnight.
- Keep food in tightly sealed containers.
- Limit eating to kitchen and dining areas.
- Keep kitchen clean and grease-free.
ELIMINATE WATER SOURCES
- Fix clogged drains and leaky faucets immediately.
- Clear leaves out of clogged gutters.
- Eliminate standing water in the yard.
- Empty water trays under plants.
ELIMINATE SHELTER AND ACCESS TO YOUR HOME/BUSINESS
- Don’t keep your woodpile next to the house/business.
- Trim tree limbs so they are no closer than 2 feet from the side of the house/business.
- Caulk holes between pipes and walls and electrical lines and walls.
- Place door sweeps under doors, including basement and garage doors, and use screen doors. Use window screens where possible.
- Reduce outside lighting by using light only when necessary.
- If possible replace outdoor lighting with yellow bulbs or angle all lights away from the home and entry ways.
- Rake all mulch piles away from the foundation of your home.